Super Crunchy Korean Fried Chicken. Parker Feierbach Nicknamed "candy chicken," Korean fried chicken is known for its addictively crunchy exterior and its thick sweet-and-spicy sauce. Korean fried chicken is super crispy due to the addition of potato starch in its batter and double frying the chicken. This second fry also boils off the extra moisture in the chicken after the first fry.
The Secret to Super Crispy Korean Fried Chicken When it comes to cooking great food, there are no hard-and-fast rules. That's how chef and restaurant owner Dale Talde came up with one of the most. The chain's extra-crispy, double-fried chicken is well worth the wait. You can cook Super Crunchy Korean Fried Chicken using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super Crunchy Korean Fried Chicken
- Prepare of Fried Chicken.
- You need 3 of chicken wings(washed).
- You need 3 of chicken legs(washed).
- You need 1/2 cup of cornstarch.
- You need 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of Glaze.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic (minces).
- It’s of dried red chilli pepper(cut).
- You need of vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
- It’s of soy sauce.
- It’s of chilli sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of pan of oil.
Bonchon is known for made-to-order Korean-style fried chicken, which yields a super crunchy skin, and which comes with spicy sauce or soy garlic, and is sold as wings, drummies, nuggets and in a combo pack. The full recipe is on my website: http://www.maangchi.com/recipe/easy-dakgangjeongThis crispy, crunchy, spicy Korean fried chicken is incredibly delicious! What sets Korean fried chicken apart is that it's double fried to achieve, a crispy, crunchy golden brown crust. The first fry is at a lower temperature to render out the fat from the skin and partially cook the chicken.
Super Crunchy Korean Fried Chicken step by step
- Wash the chickens and rinse well..
- Mix cornstarch with all-purpose flour.
- Tap rinsed chickens to the mixture. Pat with hands to make it stick..
- Pour oil to half of pan. Fry chicken for about 10-13 minutes..
- After 12 mins, take out chickens and left them for cool about 5 mins. Turn off heat..
- Then, turn on heat and fry the chickens (must be tap with the mixture of cornstarch and flour) back for another 10-13 mins or until golden brown colour. Then take off from heat and left for cool..
- For the glaze, heat pan with 1/2 small tablespoon of butter. Then add minced garlic and dried red chilli pepper. Saute for 30 seconds..
- Add vinegar, soy sauce, chilli sauce(optional) and honey. Saute well to mix..
- Put the cool chickens into the pan and saute together. Put in plate and ready to kick off..
For this reason, the temperature of the first fry should not be too high, otherwise you'll burn the chicken. Fried chicken is one of those foods that makes everyone hungry. It's so tasty, but sometimes the soft, soggy crust can be disappointing. Crunchy Korean fried chicken Nicknamed『Candy Chicken』 🌟 Super crunchy chicken with sweet and spicy special sauce! 😋 Koreans often enjoy fried chicken with beer, and that combination is called ChiMaek (치맥), chi from chicken (치킨) and maek from maekju (맥주, the Korean word for beer). Anyhow, there are a few different types of Korean fried chicken available on the market, but the most famous one would be spicy Korean fried chicken (Yangnyeom Chicken, 양념치킨)!