Cornbread Chicken Strips with Sauce. Ingredients of Cornbread Chicken Strips with Sauce: Prepare of —Cornbread Chicken——-. Awesome kinda a play on Southern fried fish. Place cornbread mix and salad dressing in separate shallow bowls.
Mix buttermilk, salt, pepper, hot sauce into a medium bowl. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, garlic and onion powder, paprika and black pepper. In another bowl, combine the eggs with water and hot sauce. You can cook Cornbread Chicken Strips with Sauce using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cornbread Chicken Strips with Sauce
- You need of —Cornbread Chicken——–.
- It’s 2 pounds of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2/3 cup of buttermilk cornbread mix, self-rising.
- Prepare of —-sauce——-.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1-1/2 tablespoon of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dill weed.
- It’s 1 cup of crumbled Bleu cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley flakes.
- It’s to taste of seasoned salt.
- It’s of -oil——.
- Prepare as needed of peanut oil to medium fry.
Pat the chicken as dry as possible. Add chicken to the egg mixture and then into the flour (keep one had wet and one hand dry). Place coated tender on prepared baking sheet. Repeat dipping/coating process (flour – egg – cornmeal) with remaining tenders.
Cornbread Chicken Strips with Sauce instructions
- Heat oil..
- Slice the chicken strips and season.
- Add cornbread mix.
- Fry into batches.
- Turn as needed.
- Move to paper towels to absorb excessive oils.
- Repeat till all chicken is done.
- Mix the Bleu cheese, parsley, dill weed, mayonnaise, and vinegar, and sour cream..
- Mix well add seasoned salt to taste..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
This recipe is actually my spin on Chick-Fil-A Sauce. We are OBSESSED with this chicken dipping sauce in our house. I make a double batch every week…which might seem like a lot, but we eat a ton of chicken recipes! Pour ground chicken mixture into a greased slow cooker and add the sauce ingredients. In large bowl, mix chicken, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, sour cream and milk.