Popcorn Chicken Nuggets. Popcorn Nuggets POPCORN MADE FROM CHICKEN All white meat, like every nugget should be. Popcorn Chicken Nuggets This Popcorn Chicken Nuggets recipe involves tasty bite-sized pieces of chicken that are lightly breaded and baked, rather than deep fried. You'd think KFC invented popcorn chicken.
This is not a vegan health food, but it satisfies those cravings for fried chicken and will make your whole family jump with joy! It's an extra-large serving of Popcorn Chicken. That's enough for dinner tonight—and maybe even lunch tomorrow. You can cook Popcorn Chicken Nuggets using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Popcorn Chicken Nuggets
- You need 200 g of Chicken fillet.
- It’s 1 tsp of All Purpose Seasoning powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Chicken coating mix (pre-mixed pack with flour, cornstarch, salt, seasoning).
- It’s 30-50 g of japanese style bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cooking oil for shallow frying.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & prepper.
Add a large side to make a complete meal. If you asked me what my favorite kind of fried chicken was, I would probably say Taiwanese popcorn chicken nuggets. Taiwanese popcorn chicken is a super crunchy, deeply savory, absolutely addictive snack that is probably one of the best things to ever come out of Taiwan. The other best thing being boba tea, of course.
Popcorn Chicken Nuggets step by step
- In a bowl 1, combine your all purpose seasoning powder and your flour coating mix. These are what I used. You can find similar kinds but diff brand in your supermarket I'm sure..
- In bowl 2, crack an egg and whisk with salt, pepper &/or seasoning to taste. I added a dash of Morroccan spices..
- In bowl 3, place your panko or japanese style bread crumbs. I ran out of the plain kind, so this is what I used. It's also seasoned, so I took it easy on the salt..
- Cut your chicken fillet to desired bite size pieces. Heat your oil in a frying pan (shallow fry). Low-Medium heat. Get a chicken piece and dip in bowl 1, 2, and 3 (in order). Ensure the chicken is well coated by all three then place gently in your hot pan..
- Check to see if golden before turning it on the other side. Don't let it burn, turn down heat if you see smoke or smell the flour burn..
- Fry until golden and rest on a cooling rack to keep it crispy..
- Serve and garnish with lettuce (absorbs excess oil), micro greens and your favorite dipping sauce..
Dredge half of the chicken in the flour. Remove from the flour, shake off the excess and dip it in the buttermilk mixture to coat. Let the excess drip off, then return it to the flour. Combine chicken pieces, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, five-spice powder, white pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. This ruled out popcorn chicken, chicken "bites" of any kind, tenders and patties, and chicken nuggets designed for the air fryer.