Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai). Steps Put vegetable oil in pan, add garlic and chili. Dish out a plate of freshly steamed jasmine rice, scoop the hot Thai basil chicken (pad kra pao gai ผัดกระเพราไก่) onto one side of your rice, and nestle your fried egg on the other side of the plate. And there you have one of the most widely loved Thai street food dishes in Thailand.
When the oil is hot add the garlic, the onions, chili peppers and chicken. Stir until fragrant and well done. Next add long beans, fish sauce, sugar and oyster sauce. You can cook Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai) using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai)
- Prepare 150 gr of Chicken Slices (thigh/breast).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chopped Garlic.
- It’s 1 handful of Hot Basil Leaves / Kraprow/ Holy Basil.
- You need 7 pcs. of Fresh Chili (Red/Green), smash.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Fish Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of White Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2-3 drop of Maggi Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Black Soy Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Water/Chicken Stock.
Get all the ingredients handy as well as a wok or large curved sided frying pan – so much easier to turn over the ingredients to cook – and a frying pan with oil at the ready for cooking the egg. Stir-fried chicken with Thai holy basil is a favorite dish for Thais and Westerners alike. Simple to prepare, it is sold in small Thai eateries as a quick one-plate meal served on a bed of steamed jasmine rice. The number of fresh chilies makes this a spicy dish, but you can adjust the recipe to suit your taste.
Stir Fried Chicken with Hot Basil and Chili (Phad Kaphrao Gai) instructions
- Put vegetable oil in pan, add garlic and chili. Stir until scent..
- Add chicken and stir well..
- Seasoning with white soy sauce, maggi sauce, oyster sauce, sugar and black soy sauce. Stir until chicken is cooked..
- Put hot basil leaves and fast cook. Take to plate..
- Tip : Taste is spicy, salty, little sweet and strong flavor of basil. Better eat with steamed jasmine rice and fried egg. In thai way, we always serve with sauce called Nam Pla Prik (Ingredient : fish sauce/chili/lime juice/little sugar). You can change meat to pork, beef, seafood, roasted duck, lamb and etc. If you like hot and spicy, just add more red chili..
- Enjoy your cooking!.
Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the crushed chili and garlic for a few seconds. Add the chicken and stir fry until it begins to lose its raw, pink colour. Add the sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce and stir to blend. As soon as the chicken is cooked through, add the basil leaves and stir them through the chicken until they are wilted. Learn how to make a Spicy Thai Basil Chicken (Pad Krapow Gai) recipe!