Salt and Pepper Fried Chicken. Place fried chicken on the lettuce leaves. To make the salt and pepper mixture, heat up a small frying pan (no oil need) and add salt. One of the Chinese Restaurants' menus that my daughter and I always ordered back in my home country 😍.
Steps To Follow For salt and pepper fried chicken: – Sprinkle salt, Chinese five-spice and black pepper on the diced chicken pieces. Rub the mixture evenly on the chicken and set aside. After that, dice the vegetables, which are mentioned above and set aside. You can have Salt and Pepper Fried Chicken using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Salt and Pepper Fried Chicken
- It’s 300 gr of boneless chicken thigh, diced.
- You need 500 ml of vegetable oil for deep frying the chicken.
- Prepare of Batter ingredients:.
- You need 4 Tbsp of all purpose flour and 6 Tbsp ice water, mix well.
- It’s of Coating ingredients:.
- You need 6 Tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1,5 Tbsp of rice flour.
- It’s 1,5 Tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- It’s of For the sauce:.
- You need 1 Tbsp of salted butter.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of red chili peppers, diagonally thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 of bird eye chili peppers, thinly sliced (optional).
- Prepare 4 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper powder.
Salt'n'Pepper Chicken (pronounced Yán Sū Jī in Mandarin) is one of Taiwanese people's favorite night market munchies, normally eaten out of a basket or paper bag. It's sort of like popcorn chicken, made from bite-size tender breast or thigh cuts with a crunchy coating seasoned with zesty and refreshing ginger and five-spice. Wok fried spices and vegetables are mixed with battered chicken breast to create the ultimate combination of salt, spice and crunch. Add the spring onions, chilli, garlic and remaining teaspoon of pepper with a pinch of salt.
Salt and Pepper Fried Chicken step by step
- Wash the chicken and pat them with some paper towels to remove the excessive water. Set aside..
- Dip the chicken into batter ingredients..
- Mix all the coating ingredients in a bowl. Coat the chicken evenly with flour mixture. Shake the excess flour off. Deep fry the chicken until crispy and golden brown. Remove from the pan..
- For the sauce: Heat butter in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and red chili peppers until fragrant..
- Add bird eye chili peppers (optional), salt, white pepper powder, and green onions. Mix well..
- Add deep fried chicken. Stir well with the sauce..
- Serve warm over steamed white rice! Yum! 😋.
Salt and pepper chicken is a Taiwanese dish that I love. (Another one is three-cup chicken.). Called 盐酥鸡 in Chinese, salt and pepper chicken are basically fried chicken marinated with five-spice powder and served with fried basil leaves. Deep-fry the chicken until they turn golden brown, remove from the oil and set aside. Pour the oil out and add the basil leaves and stir a few times before adding the chicken back into the wok. Remove from the wok, add the pepper salt and toss well with the chicken.