Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken). Great recipe for Juicy & Delicious! Just one bite of the chicken youlinji at a Chinese buffet was all it took to make an impression on me. I wanted to recreate that flavor at home, so I tried making this.
I followed "Salted chicken style prep method"to m. more Wrap the chicken with paper towels and damp dry. Just before frying, coat the chickens with potato starch and dust off the excess powder. While frying chickens, make a Youlinji sauce. You can have Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken)
- You need 3 pieces of Chicken thighs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Chopped spring onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sake (cooking rice wine).
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Potato starch.
- Prepare of <Sauce>.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
By using chicken breast and a lot of vegetables, you can make a satisfying dish. Heat the oil in a deep-fryer. Lift the chicken pieces out of the fryer with tongs and place on paper towels. Whisk together egg whites and soy sauce.
Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken) step by step
- Cut the chicken thighs into large bite size..
- Mix the 1tbsp Sake, 1 tsp Suger, 1/4tsp Salt and 1pinch pepper. Marinate the chickens and leave for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Remove the excess moisture from the chickens. Wrap the chicken with paper towels and damp dry..
- Just before frying, coat the chickens with potato starch and dust off the excess powder..
- Heat the frying oil to between 170 to 180 degrees, then put the chickens in, turn them over, cook through, and fry till golden brown..
- While frying chickens, make a Youlinji sauce. Mix the Sauce ingredients to a heat resistant bowl. Use microwave at middle heat(600W) for 1 minuet. Add the chopped spring onion..
- Place the chickens into the youlinji sauce off while the chickens still hot. Let it mix well..
These Chinese style deep fried chicken wings use a special ingredient called "fermented bean curd" to enhanced it's flavor. Fermented bean curd is also known as "tofu cheese". I know a lot of Western people are scared about tofu so tofu cheese probably sounds horrendous but for a lot of Eastern people it's like a delight from heaven. This fried chicken recipe is AWESOME. If you want Juicy and crispy fried chicken, you cannot go wrong here.