Homestyle Fried Chicken. Homestyle Fried Chicken is a fast, family-friendly meal that will satisfy your customers and improve your bottom line. Want the secret to making delicious homestyle fried chicken using even older birds? This crispy fried chicken is a crowd pleaser!
Older birds that were done laying became dinner themselves, cows went from being milked to being dinner. What to Do In a large bowl, toss chicken, buttermilk, and salt. Take your cut up chicken pieces and skin them if you prefer. You can cook Homestyle Fried Chicken using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homestyle Fried Chicken
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 3 of whole large eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of half n half or milk or buttermilk.
- You need 1 of whole chicken cut into pieces or 5 breasts cut in half.
- It’s 2 tbs of season salt or season meat tenderizer.
- Prepare 1 tbs of poultry seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbs of paprika.
- You need 2 cups of peanut, corn or vegetable oil for frying.
- It’s 1 of deep frying pan or skillet.
Put the flour in a large plastic bag (let the amount of chicken you are cooking dictate the amount of flour you use). Season the flour with paprika, salt and pepper to taste (paprika helps to brown the chicken). Homestyle Fried Chicken will assist you every step of the way! In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first four ingredients.
Homestyle Fried Chicken step by step
- Mix eggs, milk or half n half until well combined in a wide or deep bowl.
- Mix flour and all seasonings until well combined in separate bowl.
- Dip chicken in flour mixture then into egg mixture and back into flour, set aside on plate and continue until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Set chicken aside, add oil to skillet and heat on medium to med-high until bubbly when u drop a pinch of flour in oil.
- Add chicken in oil slowly, cooking only 3-5 pieces at a time.
- Cook on first side for about 5-7 minutes to set crust then flip carefully.
- Keep cooking and flipping every so often until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear when poked with fork or knife.
- Take out and place on cookie sheet and put in warm oven while cooking the rest so that it doesn't get cold before serving.
- Each time a batch of chicken is done add to oven on pan until all chicken pieces are done.
- I like to serve this with veggies like green beans or broccoli, mashed taters and homemade gravy that I make from some of the pan drippings and some of the seasoned flour that's left from dipping the chicken and I add some milk and chicken flavored bouillon cubes to it….
- All the measurements may not be exactly right in this recipe. I'm kinda just guessing bc Mom never measured anything and I usually don't either. Feel free to tweak the spices to your taste… I hope you try, post and enjoy! Thanks! :).
With paper towels, pat chicken dry; add to bag, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat. The number one priority at Shelia's is a good meal, a good time, and a memorable experience! Mix chopped parsley, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and smoked paprika together in a large bowl. Toss chicken with seasonings until well coated.