Sticky Hoisin Fried Chicken. When the oil is hot, dredge the marinated chicken pieces in the cornstarch and add them to the wok, taking care not to overcrowd the wok. Remove the cooked chicken pieces from the wok and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken.
Cook the chicken in a hot pan or skillet until golden brown on all sides then remove from the pan and set aside. Make the sauce: Mix the soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, mirin, sugar and cornstarch together. In the same pan you cooked the chicken in, add the rest of the sesame oil, the ginger and the garlic. You can have Sticky Hoisin Fried Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sticky Hoisin Fried Chicken
- You need 600 gr (1.5 lbs) of bone-in chicken, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, grated.
- Prepare 1 cm (0.5 inch) of ginger, grated.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need of Green onion to taste, separate the white and green parts, chopped.
- You need to taste of ground black/white pepper.
- You need of Sauce Ingredients:.
- It’s 2 tbs of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbs of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 4 tbs of water.
- You need to taste of ground white/black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cornstarch, dissolved with 1/2 tablespoon of water.
Today's Sticky Hoisin Honey Chicken is a variation on the popular honey sesame chicken. The addition of hoisin sauce and sesame oil give the glaze a more complex flavor that is absolutely marvelous. The rich reddish brown color makes the chicken look really appealing and appetizing. In the skillet whisk together brown sugar, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic and lime juice.
Sticky Hoisin Fried Chicken step by step
- Marinade the chicken pieces with garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Put in the fridge and let it stand for an hour minimum..
- Preheat the oil for deep frying. Fry the chicken until cooked. Put aside..
- Mix all the ingredients for sauce except the cornstarch mixture..
- Put the sauce mixture and the white part of green onion in a wok. Keep stirring until it is boiling..
- Add the cornstarch mixture. Stir until it gets thickened..
- Add the fried chicken. Stir well for one or two minutes. Sprinkle with the green part of green onion..
These Sticky Hoisin Chicken Wings are any chicken wing lover's dream! They are coated in sweet hoisin sauce and baked to perfection. They are not only perfect for parties & family gatherings but also lunch or dinner. When it comes to chicken dinners, chicken thighs (see this Honey Lemon Grilled Chicken) are one of my favorite parts to cook with. Place chicken on a wire rack coated with cooking spray.