Coconut Chicken Strips. In a medium bowl, season chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and toss to coat evenly with flour. Dip each chicken piece in egg, letting excess drip off, then roll in coconut, pressing in coconut with your. Introducing the fruit of our labor, crispy coconut chicken tenders.
My youngest's favorite meal is fried chicken cutlets. And while I am never one to turn away a piece of crispy chicken, I can say that switching up the usual breadcrumbs for coconut (in the case) is a welcome variation! Even my non-coconut loving child loves these! You can cook Coconut Chicken Strips using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Chicken Strips
- It’s 1 of large pack boneless skinless chicken, cut into strips.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need of Sprinkle salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of sweetened coconut flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of parsley flakes.
- Prepare of Butter cooking spray.
Introducing the fruit of our labor, crispy coconut chicken tenders. They're sweet, salty and sure to please adults and kids alike. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper. In another bowl, add the egg.
Coconut Chicken Strips instructions
- Place your eggs, milk, salt and black pepper into a bowl and beat with a whisk, set bowl to the side………
- Take your coconut flakes, bread crumbs, garlic powder and parsley flakes and place them into a large zip lock baggie……Shake well……
- Take your cleaned chicken strips and place them into the bowl with the eggs, turning to coat evenly……
- Now take those chicken strips and place them into the zip lock baggie with the dry ingredients, turn to coat, repeat until all chicken strips are coated……..
- Place each coated chicken strip into a large baking pan that has been coated with butter cooking spray…….Then lightly spray chicken strips with the cooking spray……Discard any remaining leftover wet and dry ingredients……..
- Place chicken strips in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 30- 40 minutes, or until chicken strips are golden………
- Serve with my Sweet and Spicy Apricot Dipping sauce and my Sautéed Garlic Spinach and enjoy 😉!!!!!.
Coconut crunch chicken strips, lightly coated in shredded coconut, are my wonderfully crispy, fun, and extra delicious take on traditional chicken strips! With a creamy and mildly sweet and spicy honey-mango sauce for dipping, these strips are a finger-licking favorite for both kids and adults alike! Combine coconut, flour and seasonings in separate shallow dish. Put the coconut flour in the first bowl, eggs and coconut milk in the second bowl, whisked to combine, and panko, coconut, salt and pepper in the last bowl, stirred to combine. Pour half the coconut milk, the garlic, soy sauce, and lime juice into a resealable plastic zipper bag, and shake to thoroughly combine the marinade.