BYG's Fried Chicken Wings. Great recipe for BYG's Fried Chicken Wings. This is the closest I've come to my Great Granny's recipe. She had the BEST fried chicken in the south.
In a shallow bowl, stir together flour and spices then season. For Buffalo wing sauce, bring hot sauce just to a boil in a small saucepan. This deep fried naked buffalo chicken wing recipe from Paula Deen is a low-carb appetizer. You can cook BYG's Fried Chicken Wings using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BYG's Fried Chicken Wings
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose Flour.
- It’s of Kosher Salt for brining & flavor.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Mustard.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- You need 1-2 tsp of Parsley Flakes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lowry's Seasoned Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili powder, optional.
- It’s 2 of Eggs.
- It’s of Canola oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of Milk.
Ingredients include chicken wings, butter and hot sauce. How to Make Fried Chicken Wings Combine chicken wings, black pepper, white pepper, garlic powder, salt, sugar, soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, sesame oil and egg in a large mixing bowl. Mix everything until the wings are well-coated. Next, add the cornstarch and all purpose flour and mix again until the wings are coated.
BYG's Fried Chicken Wings instructions
- Rinse each wing under cool water, tucking the wing tips behind.
- In a large bowl, dissolve 1/2 cup Kosher salt in cold water, add chicken wings. Allow wings to brine for at least an hour.
- Mix all dry ingredients, adding salts to taste. For a spicier wing, add chili powder or more Cayenne. Mix well.
- Rinse chicken wings under cool running water making sure to remove all traces of salt. Pat dry.
- In a deep frying pan, deep fryer, or dutch oven; add enough canola oil to fry all pieces of chicken. Medium high heat.
- While oil heats, mix eggs and milk.
- Place wing in egg mixture, then coat well in flour mixture..
- Fry 3-4 wings at a time, depending on size. Do not over crowd the chicken.
- Turn after 6-7 minutes. Drain grease.
Easy Old fashioned Crispy Fried Chicken Wings. First brined, then deep fried in my heavy cast iron skillet. When I think of good old fashioned comfort food, fried chicken is one of the first food that come to my mind. Seriously, nothing is better than fried chicken for dinner. Season wings all over with salt and pepper, and coat the inside of air fryer with nonstick cooking spray.