Homemade southern fried chicken. Now thats some REAL southern FRIED chicken! Thats what I call SOUL FOOD! This classic recipe is made-from-scratch Southern fried chicken at its easiest.
There's also no need for a long marinade in buttermilk, so you don't have to plan ahead. Season the chicken with the House Seasoning. Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour. You can have Homemade southern fried chicken using 4 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade southern fried chicken
- Prepare 2 c of flour.
- You need 2 c of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 c of milk. seperate bowl.
- You need 3 of eggs well beaten.
Place the chicken in the preheated oil and fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Dark meat takes longer than white meat. In this post I'm sharing my favorite Traditional Southern Fried Chicken Recipe. I know that you're probably thinking that making fried chicken at home is somewhat of a commitment.
Homemade southern fried chicken step by step
- Dip the chicken in the dry mix coat it well then.dip it n the milk make sure the hole ckicken is n da milk.then dip in the eggs coat real good and then back into da dry mix.and fry. Make sure the oil is ay 350.
- Fry until nice golden brown.
It is, but it is so worth it. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk. In another bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in flour mixture. In a large skillet; brown chicken in oil on both sides.