Fried Chicken Lollipops. Chicken lollipop is a most fabulous deep-fried chicken appetizer of our Indo – Chinese cuisine, simply juicy and flavourful from inside and superb crunchy from outside. Let's learn how to make this restaurant-style crispy chicken lollipop at home with detailed step by step pictures. Shape the chicken legs into an easy-to-dip lollipop shape.
Heat oil in a pan or skillet for deep frying the lollipops. Drop the battered lollipops one by one in hot oil, to not crowd the oil. Deep fry the chicken lollipops in the hot oil by holding the tip of the bone and placing the meaty section of the lollipop in the oil. You can have Fried Chicken Lollipops using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Lollipops
- It’s 12 of chicken lollipops (you can make them yourself from chicken wings).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mild homemade rub – https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2667371-mild-homemade-rub.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Crushed black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Drain on clean kitchen paper napkins. Dip the chicken lollipop on the batter then to the Panko breadcrumbs. Remove the fried chicken lollipop from the cooking pot and transfer to a dish with paper towel. Recipe states to marinate the wings and then remove the wings from marinade and add the cornstarch to marinade to make a batter to dip the wings in.
Fried Chicken Lollipops step by step
- Rub chicken lollipops with mild homemade rub and garlic taste. Leave them on the fridge. (I left them all night).
- Whisk the egg in a container. Mix flour, salt, black pepper, and coriander in another container..
- Coat the lollipops with flour, then egg. Then flour mixture again..
- Fry them until golden brown..
Problem is there is hardly enough liquid to marinate the wings in much less have any to make a batter. Chicken lollipop is great to enjoy as a appetizer & is a great addition to your party menu. However it goes amazingly good with Chinese Noodles or fried rice. To make chicken lollipop recipe, either drummettes or whole chicken wings can be used. Both need to be frenched to get the shape of a lollipop.