Fried Chicken with Five Spices. Five Spice Fried Chicken: Recipe Instructions Rinse your chicken legs under cold running water. Put them in a large bowl and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and half of the five-spice powder. Add the oil in your skillet on medium heat.
In this recipe, chicken leg quarters were rubbed with a mixture of salt, pepper and five-spice powder. There are variants of five-spice powder but the most usual combination has star anise, Sichuan pepper, cloves, fennel seeds and cinnamon. Soaking the chicken in marinade overnight in the fridge makes the chicken extra flavorful and juicy. You can cook Fried Chicken with Five Spices using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken with Five Spices
- It’s 4-5 of chicken wings with drumsticks.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3/4 tsp of five spices.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Peanut oil for frying.
Adjust the taste balance to your liking. Make the fried chicken extra crispy with the double frying method. The first was Jamaican jerk chicken. Add chicken, coat with the marinade, squeeze bag to remove excess air, and seal the bag.
Fried Chicken with Five Spices step by step
- Chicken wings with drumsticks cut into pieces. Mince garlic..
- Marinate chicken with garlic, soy sauce, five spices, black pepper and salt around 45 minutes..
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F in a skillet. Fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Serve immediately..
Tips for making Chinese Five-Spice Chicken Stir-Fry: Five-spice powder can be found in most grocery stores. It's a mix of star anise, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper and fennel seeds. If you want to eat this with rice, start heating the cooking water just before prepping the ingredients so that rice and chicken are ready at the same time. In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour with all the herbs and spices. Coat the soaked chicken pieces in the herbed flour mixture, shaking off any excess.