Fried Chicken. Breaded buttermilk fried chicken and a pan-drippings gravy with milk or cream. The gravy is great on the chicken, but mash up some potatoes with some butter and cream and bake up some cornbread or biscuits and you have the quintessential southern meal with some northern urban twists. Combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Place chicken skin side down into the pan. Take your cut up chicken pieces and skin them if you prefer. Put the flour in a large plastic bag (let the amount of chicken you are cooking dictate the amount of flour you use). You can have Fried Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken
- Prepare of Chicken.
- You need 75 ml of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass.
- You need 2 cm of ginger.
- You need 2 tbs of garlic powder.
- You need 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of teaspon turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 of teaspon coriander powder.
- Prepare 2 cm of galangal.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Chili (option).
- It’s 3 of orange leaves.
- It’s 100 ml of Water.
- It’s of Cooking Oil to fry.
Season the flour with paprika, salt and pepper to taste (paprika helps to brown the chicken). It's thinner than skin-on, bone-in fried chicken, which means the ratio of breading to meat is higher. Fried chicken is, put quite simply, a decadent delight when done right, and this recipe will take you back to the days when your mother used to fry her famous chicken for Sunday dinner. This Southern classic, Mama's Fried Chicken, is simple in its perfection.
Fried Chicken step by step
- Cut chicken into 8 pcs and clean it up.
- Put all ingredients into the pan mix them and add chicken.
- Boil for about 15 minutes or untill no water in medium heat.
- Remove chicken from the pan let it cold down.
- Fry chicken untill golden brown and ready to serve,, happy cooking :)).
- U guys also can put it in the fridge before u fry. U can fry it whenever u want :).
Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour. Place the chicken in the preheated oil and fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp. Dark meat takes longer than white meat. But keep in mind that pieces can vary in size and thickness. What oil should I use for frying?