Salted pecan honey glazed fried chicken. Melt stick of butter in shallow pot on medium. Right before it turns brown add your chili flakes,pecans,and honey. Mix to ensure honey and butter are combined.
I was inspired when my husband and I visited a soul food restaurant, and I just had to come home and duplicate it. I must admit I think I hit the nail on the head – at least my family admits it. Melt the butter in a saucepan to make the glaze. You can have Salted pecan honey glazed fried chicken using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salted pecan honey glazed fried chicken
- You need of salted pecan glaze.
- You need 1 cup of crushed salted pecans.
- You need 1 stick of real butter-salted.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili flakes.
- You need 2/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare of fried chicken.
- Prepare 6 piece of chicken.
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of pepper.
- You need 1 of lard for frying.
Add pecans and heat together quickly. Stir in the honey and pour the glaze over the chicken and serve. Add pecans, cook another minute or just until nuts are coated. Drizzle chicken evenly pieces with honey pecan sauce and serve immediately.
Salted pecan honey glazed fried chicken step by step
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then flour it. I find that it sticks to the chicken better and the flour does not burn as easy. While the flower sets get a cast iron pan and put enough lard for frying it will depend on how big your pan is. You do not want it swimming in the lard but at least half the chicken should be covered..
- Place chicken in with the bone facing the bottom. Because the meat closest to the bone takes the longest to cook, cook at least 9 minutes on that first side. Flip skin side down and finish cooking until skin is crispy and fully cooked through. Total time is approximately 15 minutes..
- Melt stick of butter in shallow pot on medium. Right before it turns brown add your chili flakes,pecans,and honey. Mix to ensure honey and butter are combined..
- When your chicken is done frying dry it on brown paper bags when ready for serving drizzle salted pecans honey mixture on chicken and enjoy..
To make the glaze, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk in the honey until well blended. Bring to a simmer and add the pecans. Drain cooked chicken on paper towels. For the glaze, melt butter over low heat.