Brad's chicken katsu. Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside. Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce.
I've been leaning towards quicker weeknight meals. I made the sauce, but if you prefer to buy it at the store, it cuts additional time. #worldonaplate The Katsu Sando. Our take on the Japanese favorite. You can have Brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's chicken katsu
- Prepare of For the tonkatsu sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 2 tbs of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbs of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of mirin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of worchestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground mustard.
- You need 1 clove of minced garlic.
- You need of For the chicken.
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips.
- Prepare of Prepared tempura batter.
House-made sweet soy pickles, sesame BBQ sauce, spicy mayo and cabbage. Hatched in Baltimore, BRD serves creative fried chicken sandwiches and wings made with the finest ingredients possible. We strive to provide old school hospitality and chicken you won't. The chicken Katsu is sooooo yummy, as is the Japanese meatloaf.
Brad's chicken katsu instructions
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside..
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use..
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water..
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees..
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy..
If you like curry this is a MUST! Credits Join Chris Morocco in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen as he makes spicy chicken katsu sandwiches. These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of katsu-style cutlets and the fiery. Join Chris Morocco in the Bon Appétit Test Kitchen as he makes spicy chicken katsu sandwiches. These sandwiches combine the shattering panko crispiness of ka.