Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age). The most common type of Karaage is known as Tatsuta-age, which is usually defined by the chicken first being marinated in soy sauce and then coated with potato starch. TRADITIONAL JAPANESE RECIPE: To make Tatsutaage, the key ingredient is Katakuriko, the potato starch. The signature look of Tatsutaage is a white coating from Katakuriko.
Just like our Saba Tatsutaage, chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce, rolled in Katakuriko (potato. Though kara-age is a general term, we often think of it as referring to Japanese fried chicken, but the delicately crisp morsels should really be called tatsuta-age, or chicken tatsuta. Tatsuta is the name of a river known for russet colored leaves that float down during autumn. You can cook Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age) using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age)
- You need 400 grams of Chicken Thigh.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sake (Japanese Cooking Wine).
- You need 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare As needed of Potato Starch.
- It’s As needed of Lettuce.
- It’s As needed of Lemon.
The rich color inspires the color of the fried chicken. Place the fried chicken on paper towels to soak the excess oil. Serve it with the lettuce on a dish. Squeeza the Lemon on the fried chicken and eat it.
Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age) step by step
- Remove a bit of the excess fat and born from Chicken. Poke holes on both sides with fork and cut into large bite size (20 – 30 grams/ piece)..
- Mix the Soy sauce, Sake & Mirin in a bowl. Pour it on the Chicken, rub it in to marinate. Leave for 15 to 30 minutes and occasionally turn over. (If you want to freeze the chicken, you can do it then.).
- Wrap the chicken with paper towels and damp dry..
- Just before frying, coat the chicken with potato starch and dust off the excess powder. (Put the chicken & potato starch into a plastic bag. And shake it. You can make coat the chicken with potato starch easily.).
- Heat the frying oil 180 degrees, then put the chicken pieces in. Turn them over and fry till golden brown..
- Place the fried chicken on paper towels to soak the excess oil. Serve it with the lettuce on a dish. Squeeza the Lemon on the fried chicken and eat it..
Best tips to cook Japanese Deep Fried Chicken (Tatsuta Age) Just how long does chicken take to fry? Chicken tatsuta Chicken tatsuta (チキン タツタ) is a Japanese -style fried chicken. Tatsuta-age [ ja] indicates a way of cooking using deep frying. After marinating meat or fish, the meat is sprinkled with Japanese katakuri-ko (potato starch) before frying. Tori no tatsuta age – deep fried marinated chicken to me is a very underrated Japanese fried chicken dish.