Chicken Fried Chicken. If you love chicken fried steak, you gotta give chicken fried chicken a try. It's thinner than skin-on, bone-in fried chicken, which means the ratio of breading to meat is higher. Dip in milk, then flour mixture, then eggs, then saltines.
Pair with buttermilk biscuits, mashed potatoes, or green beans for a hearty dinner. Chicken Fried Chicken is typically shallow-fried in a cast iron pan. Cast iron is not a necessity, but it does help to better maintain a consistent oil temperature. You can cook Chicken Fried Chicken using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fried Chicken
- You need of Seasoning.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of onion salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground white pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of celery salt.
- It’s of Breading.
- Prepare 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground white pepper.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 2 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 cup of peanut oil.
- Prepare 6 of boneless skinless chicken breast halves.
Transfer chicken to clean wire rack, and keep warm in oven. Place chicken pieces in a gallon-sized Ziploc back and pour buttermilk over. In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk, set aside. In a separate shallow dish combine flour, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and salt and pepper.
Chicken Fried Chicken instructions
- Flatten 2 chicken fillets at a time between plastic wrap with flat end of a meat tenderizer. Flatten 1/4 of an inch..
- Combined all spices for the seasoning. Sprinkle on both sides of fillets evenly..
- Combine ingredients for breading. Dip chicken in flour mix one at a time, shaking off access flour. Dip in milk, then back in flour. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a medium size skillet for 350°F or medium high (depending on your settings). Or you can use a deep fryer (heat between 325° & 350°). Fried it for 3 minutes (or until golden brown) on each side (in skillet) or deep fry for 6 minutes (in fryer). Rest on paper towels to soak up access grease..
- Serve with your favorite sides..
These days, chicken-fried steak and chicken-fried chicken have spread far beyond the boundaries of Texas, and you'll see the latter on menus as either "chicken-fried chicken" or "country-fried chicken." The gravy is also served under a range of monikers. Chicken fried chicken is made with boneless skinless chicken pieces usually chicken breasts but, occasionally thighs as well. It's widely believed that this dish actually evolved from chicken fried steak. In medium bowl, mix egg and water. Breaded buttermilk fried chicken and a pan-drippings gravy with milk or cream.