KFC Style Fried Chicken. Dan's recipe requires you to deep fry the chicken. KFC Style Crispy Fried Chicken Recipe. KFC or Kentucky Fried Chicken is very famous for it,s unique and delicious chicken recipes all over the world.
How to cook chicken? 🍗 Take several chicken drumsticks and thighs. If you can put this buttermilk over your chicken the night before, the more it tenderizes the chicken. This fried chicken is like seriously the bomb. You can cook KFC Style Fried Chicken using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of KFC Style Fried Chicken
- You need 1 of whole chicken.
- You need 4 cups of oil for frying.
- It’s 2 of egg.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of onion salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of celery salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of dried sage.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried marjoram.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
Perfectly crispy skin all around and super juicy meat inside. The seasonings are wonderfully tasty, especially since this is a copycat KFC fried chicken recipe. So if you are a KFC lover then this chicken is for you! KFC style fried chicken recipe, how to make crispy fried chicken in KFC style at home.
KFC Style Fried Chicken step by step
- Thoroughly mix all spices together.
- Combine spice with flour, brown sugar and salt.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg white to lightly coat them then transfer to flour mixture. Turn a few times and make sure the flour mix is really stuck to the chicken. Repeat until all chicken is covered with flour mixture.
- Let chicken pieces rest for 5 minutes so crust has a chance to dry a bit.
- Preheat fryer to 350 degrees.
- Fry chicken in batches. Breast and wings should take 12-14 minutes and legs and thighs will need a few more minutes..
- Let it drain on a few paper towels when it comes out of the fryer..
- Serve hot!.
With time and experience we get better in cooking, day after day and this is what happened with me. After numerous trials, I felt this is one of the best and easy recipe to make KFC fried chicken at home. How KFC makes the best tasting fried chicken is a trade secret which no one knows. My reverse-engineered recipe for replicating KFC's 'Original Recipe' chicken at home. PLEASE NOTE: The Nutritional Information listing here is inaccurate — since only a fraction of flour and salt actually end up in the finished product.