Honey and Lemon Karaage. Marinate the chicken with honey, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. Coat the chicken pieces with katakuriko. Fry and occasionally flip them until golden.
Fry and occasionally flip them until golden. Fried Green Tomato BLT in SecondsSeconds. Honey Lemon (Aiko Miyazaki) is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic. You can have Honey and Lemon Karaage using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey and Lemon Karaage
- You need 500 gr of boneless chicken thigh, cut into pieces.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 of garlic, grated.
- It’s of Katakuriko (or cornstarch).
- It’s of Oil for frying.
See recipes for Karaage (Japanese Fried Chicken), Basic style KARAAGE too. Grate the ginger, or use a knife to chop it up finely. Add the ginger to a teapot, along with some lemon zest. Serve the ginger tea with wedges of lemon and a bowl of honey.
Honey and Lemon Karaage instructions
- Marinate the chicken with honey, lemon juice, salt, and garlic. Leave overnight on the fridge..
- Coat the chicken pieces with katakuriko..
- Fry and occasionally flip them until golden..
Here's what you need for the sauce. The two key things here for stay-crispy chicken are: glucose or corn syrup which thickens the sauce to make it "candy-like" rather than soaking, and no water. NO water – most Honey Chicken sauces include water and cornflour/cornstarch for thickening. Crispy Coating and water are not friends! Karaage (唐揚げ, 空揚げ, or から揚げ, [kaɾa aɡe]) is a Japanese cooking technique in which various foods—most often chicken, but also other meat and fish—are deep fried in oil.