Fried Chicken Asian Rice Bowl. Asian Chicken Rice Bowl This super flavorful, nutrient-packed dish makes use of supermarket conveniences like coleslaw mix and rotisserie chicken. You only need a quick saute to brown the chicken. Then, I used three popular asian sauces to make a sweet and thick sauce, slightly reminiscent of the sauce you find on mongolian chicken.
We love the sweet and spicy Asian sauce that I shared in the recipe. It's made with soy sauce, water, rice vinegar, honey, and Asian garlic chili paste. It's savory and sweet and spicy. You can have Fried Chicken Asian Rice Bowl using 32 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Asian Rice Bowl
- Prepare of Chicken Nuggets.
- Prepare 2/3 lb of Chicken, skinless, boneless.
- You need 1 medium of egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of ground black pepper.
- It’s of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of hot sauce (optional).
- Prepare of oil for pan frying.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s of base.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 medium of yellow onion, rough chop.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic chopped.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sesame oil (or oil of your choosing).
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of hot sauce (optional).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (to taste).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of Chicken broth or water.
- You need of Slurry.
- You need 1 tsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- You need of Finish.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked rice per serving.
- You need of sesame seeds (optional).
- Prepare of Green onion, diced (optional).
Easy Karaage Rice Bowl Karaage, pronounced kah-rah-ah-geh, is Japanese style fried chicken that is as popular as gyoza. There are many different ways to season the chicken, but the marinated chicken is always coated with potato/corn starch or flour and deep-fried until golden brown. The key to cooking fried rice (or any food that's cooked quickly over high heat) is to have all of the ingredients already prepped before you begin cooking. Remove it from the bone and shred it finely.
Fried Chicken Asian Rice Bowl step by step
- Cut chicken into bit sized, nugget pieces.
- Mix the egg, salt and pepper and hot sauce if using from the chicken nuggets section in a bowl..
- Mix in cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of flour from the chicken nuggets section..
- Add a touch of water to the mix, mix until you have a batter just slightly thinner than pancake batter. It usually takes about 1 tablespoon..
- Put enough oil in a stir-fry pan, wok or skillet to come up about half way on the chicken nuggets. Set on medium heat..
- Put the chicken pieces in the batter, stir well until all coated..
- When the oil is hot, take some chicken pieces, roll in the 1 cup of flour, carefully drop in the oil. Don't overcook the nuggets. Flip when golden on the first side, remove when the other side is golden. Repeat until all cooked..
- Carefully remove all but about 2-3 tablespoons of the oil..
- Chop garlic cloves, add to hot oil. Stir for about 30 seconds..
- Add the chopped onion to the pan. Stir-fry about 3-4 minutes until translucent..
- Add everything from the sauce section except the broth. Stir well, allow to cook for a minute..
- Add the broth, allow to simmer for 3 minutes..
- Stir the cornstarch and water together from the slurry section..
- While stirring the broth mix, slowly add the slurry.
- Bring to a boil for about 30 seconds, turn down heat to a simmer..
- Cook until the mixture thickens to your liking. Usually 2-4 minutes..
- Add the chicken pieces back in. Stir to coat..
- Serve with rice, garnish with green onion and sesame seeds if you choose..
Put it in a bowl and pour the teriyaki sauce over it. Sweet and sour includes with Green pepper, onion, carrot and pineapple. Great recipe for Fried Chicken Asian Rice Bowl. Was looking for something decent, with Asian flavors. This would be good without frying the chicken also.