Pinoy Fried Chicken. Filipino-style Fried Chicken marinated in citrus and spices and fried to golden perfection. Tasty and crunchy, it's sure to be a family favorite! Fried chicken is always a hit during the holidays and even on any regular day.
Remove just before the chicken is fully cooked. Fried chicken has been a Filipino favorite. It is often served during special occasions and even on regular days. You can cook Pinoy Fried Chicken using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pinoy Fried Chicken
- It’s 2 pieces of Whole chicken, 1.2 kg each.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Datu Puti Patis.
- Prepare 2 cups of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 8 cups of Golden Fiesta Palm Oil.
This recipe provides a twist to the regular Pinoy fried chicken by making it more flavorful and crispier. The Filipino Fried Chicken Recipe is the country's take on this Crispy, Fried and Salty goodness dish. This Filipino Fried Chicken Recipe is much like how Americans prepare their fried chicken. However, what you'll notice is the way it needs to be fried.
Pinoy Fried Chicken step by step
- Marinate chicken in Datu Puti Patis Overnight..
- Coat chicken with cornstarch, then steam for 25 minutes..
- Let the chicken cool down. Let its rest for at least 2 hours in refrigerator before frying..
- In large pan, deep fry chicken in Golden Fiesta Palm Oil. Make sure it is completely submerged in oil. Cook the chicken until it becomes crispy and turns a nice, golden brown color..
- Serve cooked chicken wih Jufran Banana Catsup, UFC Hot Sauce, and Old English Worcestershire Sauce on the side..
American fried chicken is deep-fried while Filipinos only shallow fry. Place the raw chicken in a large bowl. Add the garlic, onion, oyster sauce, black pepper, salt, seasoning mix, egg, and cornstarch. Stir until the chicken is evenly coated. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.