Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips. Rinse strips and cut any fat from chicken. Brine strips for one hour for added moisture in chicken. [optional step] Pat strips dry and add to a Ziplock Bag. When ready to grill, remove the chicken from the refrigerator.
Slice boneless chicken breasts into smaller strips with a sharp knife, if necessary. Chicken tenders do not need to be cut up any further, since they are much smaller than breasts. Preheat your grill to medium heat. You can have Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips
- You need of ● For The Proteins.
- It’s 2 lbs of Fresh Chicken Strips [fat trimmed].
- You need of ● For The Basic Chicken Brine [keep at 38° – optional].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Table Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s as needed of Ice Cubes.
- It’s of ● For The Chicken Marinade.
- You need 4 Drops of Liquid Smoke [not extract].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1/2 of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cracked Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need as needed of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 of LG Ziplock Bag.
- It’s of ● For The BBQ Sauce.
- You need as needed of Your Choice.
Apply seasonings to your chicken based on your personal preferences. Great recipe for Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips. We love a simple weeknight dinner, and we're so here for any hacks that can speed up an already-quick recipe. In batches if needed, add chicken in a single layer on the hot grill.
Mike's Grilled BBQ Chicken Strips step by step
- Start with 2 pounds of fresh – not frozen chicken strips..
- Rinse strips and cut any fat from chicken..
- Brine strips for one hour for added moisture in chicken. [optional step].
- Pat strips dry and add to a Ziplock Bag. Add all Marinade items and massage well. Refrigerate for 1/2+ hour..
- Grill thin chicken strips for 4 to 5 minutes. Add sauce at finish..
- Your choice but Heinz, Jack Daniels and Sweet Baby Rays [especially sweet baby rays] are all great BBQ sauce brands..
- Grilled Porterhouse steak pictured. See directions under my profile..
- Grilled Baby Back Ribs pictured. See directions under my profile..
- Serve BBQ chicken over mashed potatoes..
- Side with chilled cole slaw or a fresh garden salad. If interested see my recipe under cole slaw in my profile. Enjoy!.
Put strips in a large zip bag and cover with Italian dressing and soy sauce. Gently squeeze the air out of the bag. Shake bag so all the chicken is covered with dressing. I grill chicken all year for meal-prep and for so many recipes too. Grilled, skinless chicken breasts make a great addition to a healthy diet because they are low in calories and high protein.