Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!).
You can have Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!) using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!)
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of hot sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of plus 1 tablespoon kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Canola oil for frying.
- You need 4 of brioche burger buns toasted.
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced cabbage.
- Prepare of Bread and butter pickles.
Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe (The Best!) step by step
- Add chicken, buttermilk, hot sauce, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt to a large resealable bag and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight..
- Heat 1 ½ inches of canola oil in a dutch oven or large pot to 350 degrees..
- In a wide bowl, combine flour, remaining salt, pepper, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and canola oil. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk marinade and dip each piece in the flour mixture until well coated..
- Fry two piece of chicken at a time until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Rest the cooked chicken on paper towels to cool..
- Make the sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a small bowl..
- Assemble sandwiches by spreading the open sides of the toasted buns with sauce. Top the bottom bun with fried chicken, pickles, lettuce, and the top bun..