Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken. Dip chicken in buttermilk to coat completely. Dredge in flour mixture to cover completely. Place on clean sheet of waxed paper.
Take the chicken out of the buttermilk and coat each piece thoroughly with the flour mixture. Ingredients in Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken: Chicken, flour, breadcrumbs, ground paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, baking powder, buttermilk, lemon, eggs and butter. Crispy Oven Fried Chicken is brined in buttermilk with herbs and spices, then coated in seasoned breadcrumbs and baked to golden brown perfection. You can have Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- It’s 200 g of flour.
- You need 100 g of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of Paprika.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Onion Powder.
- You need 4 of crushed honey and oats granola bars.
- You need 500 ml of Buttermilk.
- It’s 100 ml of melted butter (about 6.5 table spoons).
- You need 20 pieces of chicken (which ever you may prefer).
The chicken is flavourfully seasoned while remaining moist under the crispy outer layer. Chicken is one of the most popular proteins in North America and in this house! Buttermilk adds a sweet flavor to this oven-fried chicken but more importantly, its acids and enzymes break down the fibers of the chicken which makes it more tender and flavorful. As with many recipes for chicken, this one is marinated in buttermilk which helps to tenderize the meat fibers due to its mild acidity.
Oven Buttermilk Fried Chicken step by step
- Coat the chicken in the spices you prefer (paprika, salt, pepper, cayenne, chilli powerder, onion powder, garlic powder etc) and then cover with the buttermilk.
- Let the chicken marinate in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours in the spice and buttermilk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, bread crumbs, crushed gronola bars and spices together. Remember this is the coating off the chicken so make sure it has alot of flavour..
- Once the dry ingredients are mixed together and the chicken has marinated in the marinated. Remove the pieces of chicken from the marinade and coat them in the dry seasoning..
- Once all you chicken has been marinated and then coated with the seasoning, place the pieces on a baking try and brush the top of the chicken peices with the melted butter for golden crispy chicken..
- Bake in the oven for 35-45min at 210 Celsius which is 410 Fahrenheit. (Don't forget to preheat the oven).
I've tried a lot of oven fried chicken recipes using a variety of crunchy coatings, and this is the only one I've made again and again. The recipe comes from my friend Gina Homolka, in her book the Skinnytaste Cookbook, and it's the best buttermilk oven fried chicken I've ever tried. This fried chicken receipe is absoultly fantastic,if you take your time get all your ingredients together in two groups,it is easy to make. It smells so good while it is cooking,and the taste is truly unbelievable. I will make this receipe over and over.