Chicken Katsu. Created in Japan but loved worldwide, chicken katsu is a simple breaded and fried chicken cutlet, served with a sweet katsu sauce. (Here we include instructions for a homemade sauce, but you can. In Hawaii, this dish of crunchy fried chicken cutlets with a tangy sauce often comes as part of a plate lunch with a scoop each of steamed rice and potato salad. You can serve it the same way to.
Chicken Katsu is Japanese fried chicken cutlet with bread crumbs or panko. Chicken katsu is served with a tonkatsu or katsu sauce. This recipe is better than Japanese takeout! You can cook Chicken Katsu using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Katsu
- Prepare 1 of chicken breast, divided into four.
- You need 1 of garlic, chopped or grated *.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt *.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder *.
- You need 1 pinch of pepper *.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tbsp of cornflour #.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt #.
- You need 1 pinch of garlic powder #.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of curry powder#.
- It’s 3 tbsp of coarse breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
Dredge chicken in flour, dip in eggs and coat with panko in that order. Fry chicken in batches until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels. Cut into one inch slices and serve hot with katsu sauce. Pork can be substituted for chicken (tonkatsu).
Chicken Katsu step by step
- Combine all * ingredients and rub on the chicken breasts. Marinate for 15 minutes (you can leave it all night in the fridge)..
- With a fork, beat the egg loosely..
- Combine all # ingredients..
- Put the chicken breasts on the mixture of #. Then immerse into egg. Then into breadcrumbs..
- Fry in low heat, flipping them occasionally until golden brown..
Chicken katsu is a Japanese dish that is also known as panko chicken or tori katsu. Think of it as Japanese-style fried chicken. The seasoned chicken is coated with panko breadcrumbs that are so light and crispy when cooked. You get a satisfying crunch and then a taste of moist and juicy chicken. Awesome Chicken Katsu is a crispy breaded chicken breast seasoned and dipped in Panko then lightly fried in oil until the crust becomes a golden brown.