Grandmas fried chicken. Wash chicken pieces and place in a deep bowl. Pour the liquid mixture (recipe below) over the chicken pieces and turn to coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours.
Of course the best fried chicken is made with lard, but most of us don't have a tub of lard sitting around. So in lieu of that, use vegetable oil or peanut oil. Most of the time, we eat leftover fried chicken at room temperature or even cold straight from the fridge. You can have Grandmas fried chicken using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grandmas fried chicken
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- You need Pinch of salt pinch of pepper.
- You need Dash of Greek seasoning.
- Prepare of Lard.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 6-8 of chicken thighs or breasts (depending on size), which ever you prefer.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn starch.
If you want it hot though, you can heat it in the microwave or in. Remove chicken and shake off excess dressing, discard the extra. On plate, mix flour, salt and pepper; roll chicken in seasoned flour. View the online menu of Grandmas Broasted Chicken and other restaurants in Bellflower, California.
Grandmas fried chicken step by step
- Boil chicken breast for about 20 minutes then let dry for at least an hour.
- Combine cornstarch, flour, salt and pepper and Greek seasoning.
- Dip chicken in egg wash them coat in cornstarch mixture.
- Heat lard until piping hot.
- Add chicken turn only once after sides are golden brown.
Grandmas Broasted Chicken « Back To Bellflower, CA. How To Make No Breaded Fried Chicken Thighs – Grandma's Style: Clean the pieces of chicken and dry them with paper towels. Remove the bones, but keep the skin on.(Save the bones to make a soup or chicken stock.) Place the cast iron pot or the skillet with oil over the medium-high heat on your stove. cook bacon in skillet or heat cooking oil. Oil will spit when you drop water in it when hot enough. (My Grandma only used bacon fat, that was her frying oil of choice, It does add to the flavor of the chicken.)Salt and pepper your chicken to taste. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in potato mixture, patting to help coating adhere.