bbq fried chicken. Use a fork to pick up one chicken strip at a time, and dip it into the egg mixture, then into the flour mixture, back into the egg mixture, and into the flour mixture again. Place coated strips into the hot oil to fry. Do not over crowd, just cook in batches.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, barbeque sauce, and eggs. Coat chicken with the flour mixture, then dip into the buttermilk mixture. Dip into the flour mixture again. You can cook bbq fried chicken using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of bbq fried chicken
- You need 6 of chicken legs.
- Prepare 1 of frying componet(s).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of old bay seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of bbq sauce.
Pour the barbecue sauce over the chicken. Pour buttermilk into large shallow dish. In large plastic food-storage bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. Dip each chicken piece in buttermilk, then place in bag with flour.
bbq fried chicken instructions
- Start heating your oil over med-high heat, or whatever frying componet you chose to fry up your chicken legs. I chose to use a mixture of veg. oil and crisco..
- In a med-lg mixing bowl, mix together flour and old bay seasoning..
- Place 2-3 chicken legs at a time and lightly coat with flour. DO NOT OVER COAT! The goal is to get a light fry on your chicken. Over breading will result in a gummy coating when you toss with BBQ sauce..
- When oil is ready place the lightly floured chicken legs in oil. (to know if your oil is ready drop a pinch of flour in. If it sizzles its ready!) Coat the remainig chicken legs in flour and if your have room place in frying pot. DO NOT OVER CROWD YOUR POT! This will result in longer frying time and unevenly cooked chicken legs..
- Fry untill your chicken legs are a nice golden shade and extra crispy. 7-10 mins either side depending on the depth of your frying pot and size of your chicken legs. You may have to change your heat depending on your stove range, Im cooking on a gas range..
- When done place chicken legs on a plate lined with a paper towl to drain the oil..
- In a separate pot over low heat, or your you can use your frying pot. (drain the oil out into a heat proof container and use a paper towel to whipe out the bottom of your frying pot.) Add your BBQ Sauce to just coat the botton of your pot..
- Next add all your chicken legs, and cover with lid. Using a dish towel grab the handles of your pot while holding the lid on and toss the chicken legs making sure all your chicken legs get evenly coated with the BBQ Sauce. Try my J's BBQ Sauce recipe..
- Uncover turn off heat and serve IMMEDIATELY. Enjoy :).
Place onions on baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Place chicken on top of onions, skin side up, and bake. Brought in the new year with delicious fried chicken from BBQ chicken! Light and crispy on the outside, and super juicy on the inside. Including the white meat pieces as well.