Fried Chicken. Breaded buttermilk fried chicken and a pan-drippings gravy with milk or cream. The gravy is great on the chicken, but mash up some potatoes with some butter and cream and bake up some cornbread or biscuits and you have the quintessential southern meal with some northern urban twists. Combine salt, paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
Place chicken skin side down into the pan. Take your cut up chicken pieces and skin them if you prefer. Put the flour in a large plastic bag (let the amount of chicken you are cooking dictate the amount of flour you use). You can cook Fried Chicken using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Chicken
- It’s 1 of kilo chicken.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 tbsp of powder garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 2 of lemon juice.
- Prepare of * 2 cups yougart.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh milk.
- You need 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need of salt, pepper.
- It’s of cooking oil.
Season the flour with paprika, salt and pepper to taste (paprika helps to brown the chicken). It's thinner than skin-on, bone-in fried chicken, which means the ratio of breading to meat is higher. Dip the seasoned chicken in the egg, and then coat well in the flour. Place the chicken in the preheated oil and fry the chicken in the oil until brown and crisp.
Fried Chicken instructions
- Cut chicken according to desire size, drained..
- In a bowl mix yougart, milk, salt, pepper and eggs..
- Rub chicken with salt and lemon.. don't discard lemon.
- Put yougart mixture on the chicken and let it marinate for half hour or more..
- In a food container with lid, mix flour and other ingredients…
- Put chicken inside container and cover.. give a good shake to coat chicken with flour mixture..
- Prepare to fry on medium heat..
Dark meat takes longer than white meat. But keep in mind that pieces can vary in size and thickness. What oil should I use for frying? Fried chicken is, put quite simply, a decadent delight when done right, and this recipe will take you back to the days when your mother used to fry her famous chicken for Sunday dinner. This Southern classic, Mama's Fried Chicken, is simple in its perfection.