Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness. Cut each breast in half and place in a bowl. Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth.
Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich is something that I've loved my whole life. They're nice and they look wonderful. Pound thickest side with the flat side of a meat mallet just until chicken is uniform in thickness, not too thin. You can have Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich
- It’s 1/2 of chicken breast, pound out evenly.
- You need 2 cups of buttermilk, marinating.
- It’s 2 of beaten eggs & 1/4 cup buttermilk; whisk together.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tsp. of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp. of sweet paperika.
- It’s 11/2 tsp. of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of celery salt.
- It’s 1 tsp. of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of dried mustard.
- You need 11/2 tsp. of ginger.
- You need of sprinkle w/ accent or cajun seasoning.
- It’s 1 of lettuce leaf.
- It’s 1 slice of tomato.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Hellmanns real mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 of english muffin or bun of choice.
- It’s 2 cups of peanut oil or vegetable oil.
Place chicken into a large plastic storage bag or a shallow storage container. Whisk together buttermilk and hot sauce, pour over chicken. While we'll never turn down a deliciously deep-fried piece of meat, there's something delightful about crunchy, pan-fried chicken, too. Maybe it's the simplicity of it.
Southern pan-fried chicken sandwich instructions
- Pound out chicken evenly; about a 1/4 inch thickness..
- Marinate chicken in buttermilk for 2 to 4 hrs. Discard leftover marinate..
- Beat together eggs and 1/4 cup of buttermilk; set aside..
- Sift together flour and seasonings into a large bowl; set aside..
- Heat oil in 12" skillet over medium-high heat..
- Take chicken dip it into the egg mixture, then coat it in the flour-seasoning mixture. Set aside for about 2 to 3 minutes to allow mixture to adhere to the chicken..
- Carefully lay chicken into the heated oil and fry until golden brown; about 4 minutes per side..
- Remove, set aside on paper towel..
- Toast english muffin or bun of choice..
- Spread both halves with mayonnaise, then layer chicken on bottom half first, then top with lettuce leaf and tomato; secure the top half of muffin or bun. Enjoy! Ya'll….
Either way, in this Crunchy Pan-Fried Chicken recipe, you'll see exactly what we mean. For a crispy, golden exterior, our proven pan-fried chicken uses a mixture of breadcrumbs and cornmeal. Drain chicken on a wire rack over paper towels. Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Like many Southern foods, fried chicken can trace its origins to Scots-Irish immigrants and slaves of West African descent.