Tasty, Moist Fried Chicken. Dry brine (meaning salt) the chicken itself first. This salting step is critical for moist, flavorful chicken, as it gives the chicken direct contact with the salt. This helps to tenderize it, but also infuses it with flavor.
Almost all the classic recipes for fried chicken call for a buttermilk brine. As the cooking site Yummy PH explains, "Because buttermilk is only slightly acidic, it is capable of tenderizing. Fry chicken over medium low heat until browned on one side. You can cook Tasty, Moist Fried Chicken using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tasty, Moist Fried Chicken
- You need 1 kg of chicken fillet, cut into pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice *.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt *.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed black pepper *.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of honey *.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten loose.
- It’s 4 tbsp of maizena (you can also use potato starch) **.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt **.
- You need 1 tsp of dried sage **.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Turn chicken over and brown the other side evenly. Once the grease cooks off and gets absorbed by the chicken add a couple tablespoons of water (this makes the chicken moist). Dip in egg mixture, then again in flour mixture. Fried chicken breast that is exceptionally tasty, tender and juicy.
Tasty, Moist Fried Chicken instructions
- Marinate chicken with * for 10-15 minutes (you can also put the chicken all night in the fridge). Mix ** ingredients in a bowl..
- Pour oil into pan. Heat the pan (medium)..
- Coat chicken in ** mixture, then coat using egg. Fry until golden..
- My kids like to eat these with tartar sauce, but you can use chili or tomato ketchup, salsa, sambal, according to your preference..
Frying full chicken breasts is usually a problem because lean breasts tend to dry out by the time they cook all the way through. This results in a dry, chalky texture that no one likes. But it was the city's Prince's Hot Chicken Shack that popularized the dish, which today is a Nashville specialty — a chicken marinated in a spice rub, then breaded, fried, and covered in hot cayenne pepper-spiced sauce that will easily start your taste buds kicking. Combine all of the breading ingredients in a large bowl, then roll the marinated chicken pieces in the flour, shaking off excess. Repeat with the rest of the chicken.