Baked chicken fried chicken. Cut the fat but not the flavor with crispy, crunchy, healthier chicken recipes. Place a rack in a roasting pan or on a baking sheet. Rinse the chicken in cold water; pat dry.
Place your chicken on the prepared baking sheet, leaving a space between each strip. You want it to be done but not overdone and dry. Dip in milk, then flour mixture, then eggs, then saltines. You can have Baked chicken fried chicken using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked chicken fried chicken
- It’s 1 of large breast (1 lb).
- You need 1/3 c of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1/2 c of bread crumbs.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbs of milk.
- Prepare 1 packet of country gravy.
Transfer chicken to clean wire rack, and keep warm in oven. Expert Tips Leaving the skin on the bone-in pieces keeps the meat moist in the oven. Remove chicken from Ziploc, shake off excess buttermilk, and dredge each piece evenly with four mixture. Once coated with flour, lightly shake off excess, dip in egg/milk mixture, then place in back in flour mixture, giving it a double coating of flour.
Baked chicken fried chicken step by step
- In bowl mix dry ingredients.
- In another bowl mix eggs and milk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. And spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. (I like using parchment paper).
- Cut breast into two pieces of equal thickness..
- Pound breasts to less than 1/2 inch thick.
- Dredge meat through crumb mixture..
- Dredge through egg mixture.
- Finally dredge through crumb mixture covering both sides well..
- Place on pan and spray top with cooking spray..
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn over. Spray top with cooking spray..
- Bake another 10 -12 minutes until chicken is cooked to temperature..
- Breading will be golden brown..
- Cover with your gravy.
Set chicken aside on a platter or on wax paper until ready to fry. Add the chicken broth, butter and remaining seasoning mix, and bring to a boil, stirring gently to combine. Enjoy the crispy, juicy taste of fried chicken without the oil and greasy mess. This recipe fries chicken in the oven so it's cleaner, healthier, and easier. It's coated with a seasoned flour mixture, baked to perfection, and ready in an hour.